About Cricket Audio
With Cricket Audio, adding sound to your app is a snap, whether it's on iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, or all three. Some of the features include:
- Flexible interface: you have your choice of C++ or Objective-C on iOS, C++ or Java on Android, C++ or .NET (C#, VB.NET, or C++/CX) on Windows Phone 8.
- Optimized specifically for mobile devices, so it runs lean and mean
- Load banks of sounds into memory for low-latency playback, or stream larger sounds from disk
- Banks support 8-bit PCM, 16-bit PCM, or ADPCM audio
- Streams can play audio directly from files such as .wav, .mp3, .m4a, .ogg, etc
- Flexible hierarchical mixers let you easily adjust the volumes of groups of sounds
- Apply one of the built-in DSP effects... or write your own
- Also works on Windows, OS X, and Linux, so you can integrate it into your toolchain
Download it for free, or purchase a source code license, today!